Sleeps: 2 (+1, and +2 on sofabed).
Sorry no pets.
Prices for 2014: From £385 per week.
Shorter breaks considered, eg. minimum 3 nights - £240.
For further details please contact:
Main contact: 01422 376402 or 07508 648487
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapJourney's End is an elegant apartment at Clappersgate, near Ambleside. This holiday home comprises the main ground floor frontage of Brathay Fell, a Victorian merchant's house set in extensive and mature private grounds. A delightful and very comfortable getaway with easy access to the fells. Ideal for a couple or a small group of friends.
The apartment comprises an entrance hall from the main house hallway, a large bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, spacious and light lounge with full-length shuttered windows and dining area. Apart from the kitchen the apartment has been refurbished in the first half of 2013 with a new bathroom, new décor and carpets, curtains and sofas.
- The bedroom has a double and single bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table and bed-side table. All linen is provided.
- There is access to the veranda from the bedroom.
- The new bathroom has a large walk-in shower, wash-basin, toilet, bidet and electric radiator with heated towel rail.
- The kitchen comprises an electric cooker with oven and four electric rings, microwave, fridge/freezer, coffee machine, washing machine. A tumble dryer is available in the communal cellar. There is good work surface and cupboard space and the kitchen is well-equipped with utensils and crockery. Table area to seat up to 4 people.
- The lounge is a spacious 28 by 18 feet. There are quality furnishings, two large sofas, a large armchair, with an additional sofa in the wide bay window which can be converted into a comfortable double bed. It is also an excellent place to sit and relax and take in the view. At the other end of the lounge is a dining table for four. Heating, as in other rooms, is by controllable electric radiators.
- Brathay Fell stands in its own private grounds approached by a long drive from the main road to Skelwith Bridge and the Langdale Valley. The apartment has a dedicated parking space.
- Our apartment, which is south facing, looks out over the lawn towards the northern end of Lake Windermere. There is direct access from the garden to adjoining National Trust woodland which leads up on to Loughrigg Fell and superb views.
- Ambleside is a five minute drive away and here you will find a good range of shops, cafes, restaurants and a cinema.
- Windermere, Bowness, Hawkshead and Grasmere are about a 15 minute drive away with Keswick and Derwentwater about 30 minutes.