Sorry no pets.
Low season £153 - £326 pw.
High season £329 - £504 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 0131 663 0636
The Bothy is the original gardeners cottage for the 18th Century Mavisbank House and Estate. Forming a wing of the owners house it is set in a beautiful and secluded, walled garden which features a ruined Adams summer house. The river North Esk runs alongside the garden and Roslin Glen Nature Reserve is a short walk away both offering an abundance of interesting birds and nature to see. Both fishing and horse riding are available locally.
- Although very peaceful the Bothy is only 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh and all the excitement and interest that a capital city offers.
- There is a park and ride nearby at Straiton to make your exploring as stress free as possible.
- The historic Rosslyn Chapel is a good walk or short drive away.
- Nestled in a valley on the south side of the city the Bothy makes an excellent touring base for exploring the beaches of East Lothian, the ruined abbeys of the borders and sights and sounds of Midlothian.
- Living room with small leather sofa and fire with DVD and Freesat, also CD, tape and radio player (selection of DVD's available).
- Double bedroom with king size bed and door to south facing patio with garden furniture (south facing).
- Shower room.
- Kitchen with microwave, electric cooker, dishwasher, fridge and washing machine.
- Ample parking.
- Oil fired central heating and electricity included.
- Linen and towels included and changed weekly.
- Babies under 6 months welcome - travel cot and toy box available on request.
- 3 / 4 night breaks available in low season.
- Please note that this is a No Smoking cottage.