Sleeps: 4 + Travel Cot.
Sorry no pets allowed.
Visit Wales: 4 Star.
Low season £400 pw.
High season £500 pw.
Short breaks from £240 (3 nights).
Pagelink to our other cottage:
Hawthorn Lodge, sleeping 4
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01633 766868 or 07909 636202
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapIf you want all the pleasure of the country and the comfort of modern living then this is the place for you. Blackthorn Lodge is situated in the rural village of Coed y Paen - only 2 minute's drive or less than 10 minutes walk to the Carpenters' Arms Public House & Restaurant and Llandegfedd Reservoir's Visitor and Watersports Centre - but is less than 4 miles from Cwmbran Town Centre.
21 Jan, 28 Jan, 4 Feb, 11 Feb, 18 Feb, 25 Feb
4 Star, two bedroomed, rural detached country bungalow.
Blackthorn Lodge is situated in the rural village of Coed y Paen and is only 2 minute's drive or 10 minutes walk to the Carpenters' Arms Public House & Restaurant and Llandegfedd Reservoir's Visitor and Watersports Centre.
- Set in just under 2 acres of grounds which it shares with its sister bungalow - Hawthorn Lodge - this Visit Wales four star, two bedroomed - one double bed and two full sized single beds - country bungalow with multiple off-road car parking offers a spacious lounge with a comfortable L-shaped corner sofa and a beautiful log burning multi-fuel stove. Snuggle up in front of a real fire as it heats large radiators in the bedrooms, bathroom and hallway. The lounge also has a 32" flat screen tv with Freeview tv channels and a blu ray dvd player.
- The modern, well stocked, fitted kitchen has a fridge freezer, washing machine, ceramic hob, oven and microwave oven. The lodge has ceramic floor tiles throughout and the bathroom is a fully tiled wet room with shower, toilet and sink. The lodge can comfortably sleep 4 people - one double bed, two single beds. The master bedroom also has a 32" all mounted flat screen tv with freeview tv channels.
- The exterior consists of a patio area with garden furniture, potted flowers and a very large grassed area for recreational purposes. There is also a small fruit orchard which is home to a small flock of free-range chicken. A range of children's play equipment including a double swing set etc. and a brick built BBQ are available for guests' use - subject to conditions.
- The accommodation is suitable for couples, friends and families and is disability friendly. It has a wet room style shower and wheelchair accessible doors, electric sockets and light switches. There are no hidden extras. Electricity, wood for the fire, towels and bed linen are all included in the price.
- Blackthorn Lodge is a 2-3 minute drive or less than 10 minute walk to The Carpenters' Arms Public House & Restaurant and Llandegfedd Reservoir with its recently opened Visitor and Water Sports Centre. Llandegfedd Reservoir is located in the heart of beautiful countryside. It forms a 434 acre lake, which is 1.5 miles long and 1 mile wide at the widest point. The entire site has been designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest due to its richness in wildlife. The reservoir offers something for all ages including a range of water sports, bird watching, fishing, walks and a café where you can look out over the reservoir while enjoying a range of refreshments.
- Blackthorn Lodge is also close to three local golf courses - Greenmeadow, Alice Springs and Woodlake Park Golf and Country Clubs. Abergavenny, Cardiff, Monmouth, Brecon Beacons are also less than 30 minutes' drive.
- Usk town offers a range of small traditional rural shops, coffee shops, pubs and restaurants while Cwmbran - which is less than 4 miles away - offers a Bowl Plex, Vue Cinema, Community Farm and a host of cafes, restaurants and large retailers.
- Local attractions include Blaenavon World Heritage Site, Big Pit, Caerleon Roman Amphitheatre, Llandegedd Reservoir, Boating Lake, Usk Picnic Area, Community Farm etc. The property is less than 6 miles from the M4 motorway which provides easy access to local castles and lots of other attractions including St Fagans, Cwmcarn Scenic Drive etc.