Sleeps: 4 + Travel Cot.
Sorry no pets allowed.
Visit Wales: 4 Star.
Low season £400 pw.
High season £500 pw.
Short breaks from £160 (2 nights).
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01633 766868 or 07909 636202
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapIf you want all the pleasure of the country and the comfort of modern living then this is the place for you. Blackthorne Lodge is situated in the rural village of Coed y Paen but is less than 4 miles from Cwmbran town centre.
30 Aug, 6 Sep, 13 Sep, 20 Sep, 27 Sep, 4 Oct
- Set in just under 2 acres of grounds this four star, two bedroomed - one double bed and two full sized single beds - country bungalow offers a spacious lounge with comfortable 2 and 3 seater sofas and a beautiful log burning stove where you can snuggle up in front of a real fire. It also has a flat screen tv with Freeview tv channels, blu ray dvd player and a table and 4 chairs. The modern fitted kitchen has a fridge freezer, washing machine, ceramic hob, oven and microwave oven. Oil filled radiators are fitted in the bedrooms and an electric fan heater is installed in the bathroom. The bathroom is a fully tiled wet room with shower, toilet and sink. A travel cot, playpen and high chair available for a small additional cost - subject to conditions.
- The exterior consists of a patio area with table and chairs, bench, sun lounger, flowerbeds and potted flowers and a very large grassed area - with additional wooden tables and benches - for recreational purposes e.g. ball games etc. There is also a small fruit orchard which is home to a small flock of free-range chicken - eggs available on arrival subject to availability. A range of children's play equipment including a double swing set, slide etc. and a brick built BBQ are available for guests' use - subject to conditions.
- The accommodation is suitable for couples, friends and families and is disability friendly. It has a wet room style shower and wheelchair accessible doors, electric sockets and light switches.
- There are no hidden extras. Electricity, wood for the wood burner, towels and bed linen are all included in the price. The lodge can comfortably sleep 4 people - one double bed, two single beds and has a large double bed settee in the lounge should 2 guests choose not to share a bedroom.
- Blackthorne Lodge is situated on the outskirts of the beautiful rural village of Coed Y Paen, Monmouthshire - an area of outstanding natural beauty - and is approximately 5 minutes' walk to the Carpenter Arms Public House & Restaurant.
- It is a 2-3 minute drive or less than 10 minute walk to Llandegfedd Reservoir and is also close to three local golf courses - Greenmeadow, Alice Springs and Woodlake Park Golf and Country Clubs. Abergavenny, Cardiff, Monmouth, Brecon Beacons are also less than 30 minutes' drive.
- The area offers a range of activities including sailing, wind surfing, fishing, bird watching, walks and canal cruises. Usk town offers a range of small traditional rural shops, coffee shops, pubs and restaurants. A Bowl Plex, Vue Cinema, Community Farm and a host of cafes, restaurants and large retailers are located less than four miles away in Cwmbran.
- Local attractions include Blaenavon World Heritage Site, Big Pit, Caerleon Roman Amphitheatre, Boating Lake, Usk Picnic Area, Community Farm etc.
- The property is less than 6 miles from the M4 motorway which provides easy access to local castles (see our website) and lots of other attractions including St Fagans, Cwmcarn Scenic Drive etc.