Whitney on Wye,
Near Hay on Wye,
Pets by arrangement.
Low season £375 - £435 pw.
High season £455 - £730 pw.
Short breaks available, Nov to Mar.
Open all year.
Xmas and New Year available.
For further details please contact:
Mr or Mrs Colman
Tel: 01497 831634
Reload this mapThe cottage stands in its own grounds, located on a spacious elevated position above the River Wye. It commands panoramic views across the river valley to the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons.
The three hundred year old cottage has been sympathetically restored and tastefully converted into a self-contained holiday home. Although having been equipped with all modern comforts, it retains 'olde worlde' charm, with many exposed beams and stone fireplace.
Three restaurants, shop and petrol available within a two mile radius. Hereford, Brecon 18 miles - walking, riding, golf, canoeing and books.
- Night storage heaters are fitted throughout.
- Hot water is by immersion heater.
- The shower is electric.
- All electricity is free.
- Coal and logs are provided, should you desire an open fire.
- There are no extra charges, whatsoever.
The accommodation sleeps five:
- Double and twin bedded rooms upstairs.
- One single bedroom downstairs - adjacent bathroom and wc.
- The modern kitchen with fridge, microwave, cooker and spin dryer, leads to a comfortable dining/sitting room with television and video.
- All rooms overlook the river.
- A south facing terrace with garden furniture and barbecue.
- Plenty of parking space.
- Fishing in the river, only 40 yards from the cottage door, is free of charge.