Whitney on Wye,
Near Hay on Wye,
Pets by arrangement.
Low season £395 - £435 pw.
High season £455 - £750 pw.
Short breaks available, Nov to March from £195.
Open all year.
Xmas and New Year available.
For further details please contact:
Mr or Mrs Colman
Tel: 01497 831634
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThe cottage stands in its own grounds, located on a spacious elevated position above the River Wye. It commands panoramic views across the river valley to the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons.
10 Dec, 17 Dec, 24 Dec, 31 Dec, 7 Jan
The three hundred year old cottage has been sympathetically restored and tastefully converted into a self-contained holiday home. Although having been equipped with all modern comforts, it retains 'olde worlde' charm, with many exposed beams and stone fireplace.
Three restaurants, shop and petrol available within a two mile radius. Hereford, Brecon 18 miles - walking, riding, golf, canoeing and books.
- Night storage heaters are fitted throughout.
- Hot water is by immersion heater.
- The shower is electric.
- All electricity is free.
- Coal and logs are provided, should you desire an open fire.
- There are no extra charges, whatsoever.
The accommodation sleeps five:
- Double and twin bedded rooms upstairs.
- One single bedroom downstairs - adjacent bathroom and wc.
- The modern kitchen with fridge, microwave, cooker and spin dryer, leads to a comfortable dining/sitting room with television and video.
- All rooms overlook the river.
- A south facing terrace with garden furniture and barbecue.
- Plenty of parking space.
- Fishing in the river, only 40 yards from the cottage door, is free of charge.