Sleeps: 8 + 2 on sofabed + 2 in box beds + 2 in pavilion (summer only).
Travel cot available.
Sorry, no pets due to wrlking farm location.
Visit Scotland: 4 Stars.
Prices from £600 up to £1700.
Short breaks available and full flexibility with entry days.
For further details please contact:
Reload this mapSituated on Britain's most northerly island of Unst, Belmont House is a magical venue for holidays, weddings and events of all sorts. Built in 1775, and immaculately restored, this superb Georgian house in a magnificent natural setting sleeps up to 12 people in a stylish interior for holidays, and offers a total experience for the discriminating guest. We can also accommodate an additional two people in the pavilion adjoining the house (camp beds/summer only).
Although far north, Belmont is easily reached. Northlink Ferries has departures seven nights a week in both directions on the Aberdeen-Lerwick route all year round, with up to three calls a week at Kirkwall, Orkney, en route. There are several flights per day, year round, to and from the major Scottish airports making Shetland an easy destination to reach by air. There is also a twice weekly flight to and from Bergen in the summer. A road and car ferry journey takes you from Mainland Shetland to Unst. You first cross to Yell then another ferry takes you to Unst. These modern ferries cross regularly 7 days a week and are very easy to use.
- Internally Belmont remains as it was built, except for the addition of modern amenities. Architectural detailing, plasterwork, wood panelling, paint colours and stonework - all these are mainly original and where restored are indistinguishable from the original. The high quality interior includes original Georgian furniture and Egyptian cotton bed linen.
- Belmont stands in its own formal gardens surrounded by a designed landscape. The walled gardens can be used by those staying in the house.
- Within a short walk of the house there are cliffs, rocky beaches, an Iron Age broch and a Viking farmstead.
- Unst's many attractions include archaeological sites, 16thc. Muness Castle, a Heritage Centre, Boat Haven, Muckle Flugga Lighthouse shore station and the two national nature reserves at Hermaness and Keen of Hamar. Our bird and marine wildlife is renowned. Unst has a number of huge sandy beaches where you are likely to be the only people.
- There are several well stocked shops and a small supermarket on the island selling local produce, the nearest in Baltasound which is 7 miles from Belmont. We can also arrange for food to be delivered to Belmont and meals cooked for you at the house. Guided tours and walks, fishing trips and sea or loch angling can be arranged locally. Please enquire for further details.
- There is also a fully equipped Leisure Centre with swimming pool, lagoon, games hall, squash court and fitness suite.
We offer flexibility of arrival and departure dates throughout the year to suit your travel plans. We encourage you to contact us to discuss your own requirements. Belmont is an ideal location for weddings, christenings, anniversaries and special birthdays and we can help with arrangements.