One well behaved dog welcome
(£20 pw or short break).
Low season £395 pw.
High season £410 pw.
2 night breaks £185.
3 night breaks £255.
4 night breaks £320.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01986 788454
Mobile: 07939 519677
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapOccupying a picturesque setting in its own orchard within the Waveney Valley, this sympathetically restored building retains much charm and character. Sited within 6 acres of the owner's land, and bordering a Beck, it is perfectly placed for holidays spent cycling or walking and is a perfect central base for touring Norfolk and Suffolk. There is a public footpath adjoining which takes in 170 acres of farmland and woodland.
15 Mar, 22 Mar, 29 Mar
Fishing, boat hire and bird watching and antique hunting are all available close by. Nearby Bungay (3 miles) and Diss (7 miles) offer an indoor swimming pool, gym, leisure centre and golf course. The historic town of Harleston ( 4 miles) has a variety of restaurants and specialist shops, a leisure centre and recently won the award for best community town. Norwich City is 20 minutes away and Southwold and Heritage coast 30 minutes.
- Beamed living/dining room with Parkray solid fuel burning stove, brick tiled floor, quality furnishings and a modern kitchen area.
- Beamed double bedroom, antique brass bed, French doors leading out into orchard.
- Shower room with electric shaver point.
- Your dog is most welcome but must not be left unattended.
Within a few miles:
- Well equipped cottage, DVD player, Colour TV, video, small library, radio / CD player with iPhone charger.
- Automatic washing machine.
- Combination microwave, fridge, gas cooker.
- Garden with patio / sitting out area, outdoor furniture, barbecue.
- All linen and towels provided.
- Central heating fuel included October to May, other times at cost.
- Gas and electricity are included.
- Bike hire. New hybrid bikes with helmet and Hi-Viz jackets. £12 per day.
Within 20 miles
- Junk, antique, reclaimed pine and tasteful gift shops. Also specialist delicatessen, cheese, fish and butcher shops. Oldie teashop, numerous pubs. English, Thai, Indian restaurants including takeaways.
- St Peter's Brewery and Hall.
- Flixton Air museum.
- Bungay Ruined Castle.
- Fishing, Canoeing and Golf.
- Excellent walks including Bungay common where the River Waveney weave around the Northern fringe, also the remote Queen Ann home of the late Rider Haggard can be seen on this walk.
- The beauty of the Waveney Valley area inspired the famous horse artist, Sir Alfred Munnings, who lived in the small village of Mendham close by.
- Wingfield Old College, Gardens & Galleries.
Over 20 miles
- Oulton Broad - speed motorboat racing every Sunday.
- Banham Zoo - exotic, rare and endangered animals.
- Bressingham Steam museum and Gardens with train rides & Victorian roundabout.
- Somerleyton Hall and Gardens with famous maze. Southwold - unspoilt seaside town with well-known Victorian beach huts and pier.
- Dunwich Heath and Minsmere Beach (National Trust) plus Minsmere RSPB bird sanctuary.
- Lowestoft - larger seaside town with sandy beech. Norwich - Cathedral City - daily markets, historic Elm Hill, recently updated Castle with impressive art collection, excellent Provincial Theatre.
- Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts.
- Wroxham Broad.
- Snape Maltings.
- Sutton Hoo.
- North Norfolk Coast incl Holkham Beach of 'Shakespeare in Love' fame.
- The Seals at Blakeney National Nature Reserve.