THE BARLEY MILL
Sleeps: 4 + Cot.
Sorry, no pets.
Prices range from £275 - £500 pw depending on the time of year.
Off-season short breaks welcome.
For further details please contact:
Ewan or Fiona Thompson
Tel: 01343 842353
Reload this mapPhotos below:Barley Mill Entrance, and Garden grounds
Photo on right:Rhea with Pet lamb
This stunning renovation of a 270 year old Watermill comprises two dwellings. The Meal and Barley Mills are grade 'A' listed and were originally built in c1737. They are set within their own garden grounds and have recently been sympathetically converted to an extremely high standard.
If The Barley Mill is already 'Pre-booked' on your preferred dates, the owners have another Property advertised in Cottage Guide, 'Seascape'. A luxury 1 bedroom apartment (with historic listing) on a seaside location in neighbouring Banffshire. Please view availability on
The Barley Mill
Photos below: Living room, and kitchen.
- The Barley Mill, which forms part of the lower East wing of the distinctive Meal Mill, offers a unique, relaxing holiday experience bursting with charm and character.
- The owners live in the Meal Mill, so are on hand to help with any information or assistance that maybe needed and to ensure that you have a relaxing and happy holiday.
- Garden grounds to enjoy!
- The Mills are located in the north-east of Scotland between the historic Cathedral town of Elgin and picturesque village of Fochabers which is situated on the banks of the famous river Spey.
- The Moray area is one of outstanding natural beauty with a vast range of activities and places of interest to visit.
Photo on right:
piper-Grand daughter of the last Miller
Accommodation and Facilities
Photos below: Double bedroom, and Twin Bedroom/ensuite
- The tasteful lodgings are warm and relaxing at all times of the year and are appointed to a very high standard all at ground level.
- The dining kitchen is well equipped for comfortable catering and the spacious sitting room features the original Mill Gearing.
- Both bedrooms, twin and double, include a luxury en-suite shower room each.
- Living room / Dining room: - spacious, double aspect lounge featuring original wood work and working mill 'Gearing'. TV/Freeview.
- Fully equipped Dining Kitchen with triple aspect. Including: Table and chairs, Integrated Oven, ceramic Hob, Washing machine, Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge / freezer.
- 2 spacious, airy Bedrooms (1 Double + 1 twin).
- 2 Luxury en-suite Shower rooms with heated towel rails.
- All Bed linen and towels supplied.
- Mama's and Papa's Cot and High Chair available on request.
- Walled patio area and garden with garden furniture. Drying line.
- Private parking area.
- Entry from 3pm Saturday.
- Exit before 10.00am following Saturday.
Aberdeen Airport - 1.5 hrs.
Inverness Airport 1 hrs.
Elgin railway station 5 miles.
Shop - 0.5 mile.
Castles, Golf courses and Distilleries nearby and everywhere.
Restaurant 5 miles.
Pub 1 mile.