West Marden Farm,
Sleeps: 4 +cot or Z-bed.
One well behaved dog (£15 pw).
Visit Britain 4 star. Gold Award.
Gold award in the "Beautiful South Awards for Excellence 2011".
Price range: £350 - £775 pw.
Please see our other property THE OLD STABLES which also sleeps 4 people - and if you have extra guests we also have our AA 5star Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast accommodation for 2 people.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 00 44 (0) 23 9263 1761
Reload this mapBarley Cottage, situated in the lovely downland village of West Marden, near Chichester, in West Sussex, is a well appointed single-storey, beamed flint cottage, that has been tastefully furnished and very well equipped, offering very comfortable accommodation for up to 4 people. An ideal base for visiting many of the places and attractions the South Coast has to offer.
- Graded by the VisitBritain as 4 star Gold Award, the cottage attracts many repeat visitors from home and abroad. We have also received a Gold award in the Beautiful South Awards for Excellence 2011.
- Lovely walks may be taken straight from the door and if required bikes can be stored in a lock-up shed. Bikes for hire can also be delivered to the cottage for your arrival.
- The village pub is only a short stroll and a village shop with a tearoom is within a mile.
- Sleeps 4 + Cot or Z-bed: 1 room with King Size (5 ft.) bed, and 1 room with twin beds.
- Open plan living area comprising:
- Well equipped kitchen with - Electric Fan Oven, Ceramic Hob, Microwave, Washing Machine/Dryer, Fridge, Freezer, Dishwasher.
- Beamed Living/Dining area with fitted carpets. SKY Television, DVD Player, CD Player, Books and Board Games, Information on Places to Visit.
- Cabled Broadband Internet Access in cottage.
- Bathroom (Shower over bath).
- Full oil-fired Central Heating (each radiator individually thermostatically controlled).
- Payphone in cottage.
- CENTRAL HEATING - This is oil-fired central heating and each radiator individually thermostatically controlled. Heating included in price. No meters or storage heaters!
- LINEN - All linen and towels provided and beds are made up for the arrival of guests.
- PATIO GARDEN AND LAWNED GARDEN - The cottage has its own attractive patio garden with flowers, wooden table, chairs and BBQ. Guests also have the use of a large lawned and walled-in garden which is ideal for children. During high summer there is Badminton net and raquets available.
- SWIMMING POOL - Shared use of owners' outdoor heated swimming pool between the hours of 10 a.m to 4 p.m. Monday - Saturday during the summer months (usually late May through to mid-September). This is in a lovely walled in setting with a lawned area for relaxing. Pool loungers provided and a table and chairs. This area is gated for extra safety but parents of children must always be present if they are using the pool or pool garden. Use of the swimming pool is however, strictly for the use of guests staying at the cottages and on our booking form. Visitors are not permitted to use the pool or pool garden at any time. Please do ask if you would like clarification on this matter.
- INTERNET BROADBAND