Barford Farm House,
Sleeps: 2 adults + 2 young children.
Small well behaved dog by arrangement.
VB: 4 Star.
Welcome to Excellence award.
Prices: £375 - £580 pw.
Discounts for couples.
Short breaks available.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01420 562682
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapSituated along the northern boundary of the South Downs National Park, The Barn is an ideal base for exploring the South East. The Barn offers comfortable and well-equipped accommodation in a quiet and picturesque part of rural Hampshire with its many attractive villages, market towns and cathedral city of Winchester.
7 Dec, 14 Dec, 28 Dec, 4 Jan
- Located on the outskirts of the village of Medstead with its pretty church, village shop, pub and post office, The Barn is within easy reach of several excellent pubs and restaurants.
- Especially convenient for walkers with an extensive network of bridleways and footpaths extending from The Barn itself, cyclists (National Route 23 passes driveway of The Barn), fans of Jane Austen (Chawton 10 minutes), National Trust properties with interesting gardens (Hinton Ampner 20 minutes), steam train enthusiasts (Watercress Line 10 mins) and bird watchers.
- London 1 hour.
- Portsmouth 40 minutes.
- New Forest 45 minutes.
Well-furnished, open-plan living space suitable for couples and young families of 2 adults and 2 children. Facilities include:
Aiming to provide excellent value for money we also offer:
- Double bedroom with Egyptian cotton bed linens and duvet. Hair dryer.
- Sleeping arrangements for children are double sofa-bed, fold-up beds or travel cot. Cotton bed linen and duvets provided.
- Luxury bathroom with slate flooring and deep roll top bath with pump shower. Shaver point. Quality Egyptian cotton towels provided.
- Fully equipped kitchen facilities, including electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, toaster.
- Laundry facilities, washing machine, drying and ironing facilities.
- Living area with wing chair, sofa bed, flat screen TV with Freeview, DVD, well stocked library, games. CD player.
- Glazed Garden Room with conservatory furniture (including small sofa and chairs), dining table and chairs. Views over gardens, fields and woods beyond.
- Central heating, electricity and hot water included.
- Ground floor accommodation.
- Garden furniture and BBQ on private terrace.
- Ample off road parking space adjacent to The Barn.
- Free internet and mobile phone access.
We can also sometimes offer for sale products sourced from Barford Farm itself, including:
- Welcome refreshments on arrival.
- Access to private grounds and woodlands, scented gardens and vineyard.
- Binoculars available to help view roe deer, badgers, foxes, rabbits from the Garden Room. Also a good variety of birds including kestrels, woodpeckers, tawny owls and our resident buzzards.
- Hens to feed.
- Help and advice on where to go and what to see in the local area and beyond.
- Breakfast and other meals by arrangement.
- Bantams (rare breed poultry).
- Freshly collected bantam eggs.
- Selection of home-made jams and preserves.
- Selection of home-made beverages including wild fruit gins, cordials and wines.
- Seasonal vegetables.
- Seasonal herbs for culinary use, available fresh or as bouquet-garnis.
- Dried herbs for homeopathic uses, eg lavender pillows.
- Logs and kindling.