BANK END COTTAGE
Staffordshire Moorlands /
Stoke on Trent
Sleeps: 5 +cot.
Sorry no pets.
VisitBritain: 4 stars.
Low season £280 pw.
High season £375 pw.
For further details please contact:
The Bank End Cottage Team
Tel: +44(0)7956 85 49 49
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapThis converted 17th Century stone cottage is part of the 30 acre Bank End Farm estate. Dating back to the 15th Century the farm is no longer worked and instead has opened its doors to visitors. The original stone barn was converted to a holiday cottage in 1982, and has since enjoyed continued success with many visitors returning year after year. Visitors have included Gillian Taylforth, Paul Magan and John Inman. Our success, we are told, is attributed to our attention to detail, good clean standards and our friendly approach to help ensure that you get the most out of your stay. Earlier this year the cottage was completely refurbished elevating it to 4 star rating.
3 Oct, 10 Oct, 17 Oct, 24 Oct, 31 Oct, 7 Nov
- Bank End Farm is the ideal holiday base for which to experience the beauty of the Peak District National Park, the vibrant pottery towns and the thrills of Alton Towers.
- Our location on the edge of the village of Brown Edge enjoys panoramic views over the Staffordshire countryside, whilst being only a short walk from the village amenities, including shops, supermarket, country pubs, post office and childrens playground.
Our central location ensures easy access to the area's local attractions including:
- The cottage accommodates up to 5 people in two bedrooms, one double and one family size.
- The cottage is fully furnished with well equipped kitchen, ceramic hob, washing machine, microwave, gas central heating and colour TV/video.
- The interior décor has been tastefully designed and includes leather sofas, silk fabrics, feature lighting, antique terracotta floors and canopy style iron bed to master bedroom.
- Bed linen, towels electricity and central heating are included in the tariff.
- A cot and high chair are available on request.
- Pets are not allowed.
- The holiday cottage is a No Smoking environment.
- The large southerly garden is popular with children, and is ideal for dining alfresco.
- The neighbouring woodland has become a haven for wildlife, badgers, rabbits, squirrels, and birds are frequent visitors to the gardens.
Check in after 2:00pm.
- Alton Towers, Europes premier amusement park offering hours if not days of fun for the whole family. Also Drayton Manor Park and Gullivers Kingdom are close by.
- Festival Park a complex of shops, 10 screen cinema, ten pin bowling, Water World, dry ski slope.
- The world famous Staffordshire Potteries, offering tours and bargain factory shops. Most notably including Royal Doulton, Wedgwood, Spode, and Moorcroft. Or visit the working Gladstone Museum of Pottery.
- Visits to private and National Trust properties and gardens. Including the renowned Biddulph Grange, Little Morton Hall, Chatsworth House, Shrugborough Hall and Trentham Gardens.
- Stoke on Trents new Cultural Quarter, including the contemporary Victoria Hall concert and performance venue; and The Regent Theatre attracting both West End Shows, Opera, Ballet and variety performances.
- For outdoor pursuits try the mountain bike tracks, rock climbing, horse riding, fishing and country walks, all within a few miles radius. Stapeley Water Gardens, and Bridgmere Garden World are also well worth a visit.
- For the fitness and sports enthusiast, there are 6 golf courses and two driving ranges within an 8 miles radius, and indoor sports, swimming pool and fitness facility only 3 miles away.
- The six towns that make up the City of Stoke on Trent. Each distinct with its own personality and attractions. All of the main high street shops can be found in Hanley together with the award winning Potteries Shopping Centre, and the citys museum and art gallery.
- The historic Moorland market town of Leek - antique centre of the North West; The picturesque spa towns of Buxton, Ashbourne and Bakewell.
Cottage to be vacated by 10:00am on day of departure.