No.4 Balvaig Cottage,
Sorry no pets.
Prices £300 - £550 pw.
For further details please contact:
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapBalvaig Cottage is located within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park and Queen Elizabeth Forest Park offering impressive scenery and range of outdoor activities, making an ideal base to get away for a short break or longer holiday. The drive from Glasgow or Edinburgh is approximately 1- 1.5 hours.
7 Dec, 14 Dec, 21 Dec, 28 Dec, 4 Jan, 11 Jan
- The 2 bedroom semi-detached cottage located to the immediate north of Strathyre, is well equipped and renovated in a simple contemporary manner to create a warm and comfortable open plan living, dining and kitchen area.
- All accommodation is on the ground floor.
- The sitting room area with woodburner has full height windows providing views of the wooded hillside. There is a flat screen TV with FreeSat and an integrated DVD player.
- The kitchen has an electric oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher.
- There are two bedrooms: 1 x double bed, 2 x single beds (bunkbed).
- The bathroom has a heated floor, bath with electric shower over, basin & WC.
- There is a washing machine with an integrated dryer.
Strathyre village, local shop and three pubs are a short stroll along a roadside pavement. Alternatively, the back garden gate provides access to woodland walks leading south to the village or north to Balquhidder.
Outdoor activities within the immediate vicinity include woodland walks starting from the cottage, hillwalking from a gentle stroll along the former railway line along the shores of Loch Lubnaig or more vigorous hillwalking within a short drive such as Ben Ledi and the accredited Munros of Ben Vorlich, Ben More and Stuc a 'Chroin. There are numerous cycle and mountain bike paths, permit fishing on the River Balvaig and surrounding Lochs, watersports at nearby Lochearnhead, and relaxing boat trips on Loch Katrine. Nearby Callander has a public swimming pool and golf course.