No.4 Balvaig Cottage,
Sorry no pets.
Prices £290 - £540 pw.
Short breaks are available.
For further details please contact:
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapBalvaig Cottage is located in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park offering impressive scenery and an ideal base to explore Scotland and enjoy a variety of outdoor activities. The Rob Roy Way long distance walking route and Sustrans Cycle Route 7 are both nearby.
27 Feb, 5 Mar, 12 Mar, 19 Mar
- The 2 bedroom semi-detached cottage located to the immediate north of Strathyre, is well equipped and renovated in a stylish contemporary manner with a lovely woodburning stove to create a warm and comfortable holiday cottage.
- All accommodation is on the ground floor and there is WiFi.
- The sitting room area with woodburner has full height windows providing views of the wooded hillside. There is a flat screen TV with FreeSat and an integrated DVD player.
- The kitchen has an electric oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher.
- There are two bedrooms: 1 x double bed, 2 x single beds (bunkbed).
- The bathroom has a heated floor, bath with electric shower over, basin & WC.
- There is a washing machine with an integrated dryer.
Strathyre village, local shop and pub are a short stroll along a roadside pavement or the cycle route. Alternatively, the back garden gate provides access to woodland walks leading south to the village or north to Mhor 84 at Kingshouse which serves excellent food and has free WiFi.
Outdoor activities within the immediate vicinity include woodland and riverside walks starting from the cottage, hillwalking from a gentle stroll along the former railway line along the shores of Loch Lubnaig or more vigorous hillwalking within a short drive such as Ben Ledi and the accredited Munros of Ben Vorlich, Ben More and Stuc a 'Chroin a short drive away. The walk from the back of the cottage links to the long distance Rob Roy Way from Drymen to Pitlochry. Sustrans cycle route No.7 passes to the front of the cottage and there are numerous cycle and mountain bike paths through the wood. Other activities include: Permit fishing on the River Balvaig and surrounding Lochs, watersports at nearby Lochearnhead, relaxing boat trips on Loch Katrine. Loch Venachar Fishing facilities, Blairdrummond Safari Park, Go Ape at Aberfoyle, Briarlands Farm, and Stirling Castle. Nearby Callander has a public swimming pool and golf course (as well as numerous castles, restaurants, Tesco and CoOp). In summary something of interest for everyone!