No.4 Balvaig Cottage,
Sorry no pets.
Prices £290 - £540 pw.
Short breaks are available.
For further details please contact:
Reload this mapBalvaig Cottage is a tastefully modernized 2 bedroom cottage set within the tranquility of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. It can comfortably accommodate up to 4 guests and offers an open plan kitchen, dining and sitting area featuring a log burning stove and open views into the forest. The cottage has WI- FI and all accommodation is on the ground floor.
The cottage is situated in an idyllic location in the Highlands, offering a relaxing stay and ideal for a variety of outdoor activities but within walking distance to the picturesque village of Strathyre and only 10 miles from the historic town of Callander. An off road cycle route passes the cottage to the front (Sustrans Route 7) and the Rob Roy Long Distance Footpath passes though the woodlands to the rear.
- The sitting room area with woodburner has full height windows providing views of the wooded hillside. There is a flat screen TV with FreeSat, an integrated DVD player and WiFi.
- The kitchen has an electric oven, hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher.
- There are two bedrooms: 1 x double bed, 2 x single beds (bunkbed).
- The bathroom has a heated floor, bath with electric shower over, basin and WC.
- There is a washing machine with an integrated dryer.
Outdoor activities within the immediate vicinity include woodland walks starting from the cottage (from the gate in the back garden), hillwalking for all levels from a gentle stroll along the former railway line passing along the shores of Loch Lubnaig or more vigorous hillwalking within a short drive from the cottage such as Ben Ledi and the accredited Munros of Ben Vorlich, Ben More and Stuc a 'Chroin. There are numerous cycle and mountain bike paths, permit fishing on the River Balvaig and surrounding Lochs, watersports at nearby Lochearnhead, and relaxing boat trips on Loch Katrine. The award winning Go Ape high wire forest adventure course is located at the David Marshall Centre at Aberfoyle. Nearby Callander has a public swimming pool at the McLaren Leisure Centre and challenging golf course set in wooded parkland with spectacular views of Ben Ledi.