THE BACK HOUSE
Isle of Arran
Pets subject to discussion with the owner.
Prices £290 - £390 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mrs Lizzie Adam
Tel: 01770 850230
Reload this mapRebuilt in 2006, this traditional Arran backhouse consist of a light and airy one bedroom flat is above the owner's part time Chiropractic Clinic to the south of Pirnmill village on the tranquil west coast of Arran. Standing to the rear of the main house, Bayview, the 'Back House' flat enjoys coastal views to the north and south as well as those of the fabled west coast sunsets over Kilbrannan Sound to Kintyre. There is also a terraced garden seating area to the rear of the property from where these views may be enjoyed. From Bayview there are fantastic walks to the high hills, home to red deer and birds of prey, whilst the beach which is only a few yards away gives the opportunity to view many species of seabird, dolphins and other water mammals. Coastal walking is an alternative and easier option. The Back house offers the ideal base for two people who want comfort, peace and quiet in spectacular scenery.
The accommodation, which is equipped to the highest standards has Total Control electric heating, is fully double glazed and consists of:
- The Post Office and Village Shop of Pirnmill is a ten minute stroll either along the road or the beach. There is also a good restaurant and a church in the village. The 'local' is four miles away.
- Whether you are visiting 'Scotland in miniature' to walk, cycle, watch birds, fish or tour the island, the Back House offers you a peaceful comfortable base.
- For golfers, three of the island's seven golf courses including the 'top 100' rated 12 holes of Shiskine are nearby.
- Tennis courts and a bowling green are also within easy reach.
- There is a terraced garden seating area to the rear of the property from where views over Kilbrannan Sound may be enjoyed.
Arran is reached by Cal Mac car ferries from Ardrossan or Clonaig (Kintyre). Foot passengers will find that local bus services will drop them outside this property.
- Entrance area with hanging space for outdoor clothing.
- Stairs lead to a fully equipped kitchen having an electric hob, grill and oven, a fridge with integral freezer, microwave and toaster. All cleaning materials are provided.
- Living/Dining area with comfortable reclining chairs.
- Free Sat T.V., DVD player, video and radio.
- Bath with shower and complimentary Arran Aromatics bathroom toiletries, heated towel rail and electric shaver point.
- Separate W.C. with a washing machine, tumble drier and heated towel rail. Loo paper and washing powder are provided.
- Bedroom with two comfortable twin beds. There is a hair drier in the dressing table.
- Good quality cotton bed linen, feather duvets, pillows and towels.