THE LOG HOUSE
Pets welcome by arrangement.
Price Range £350 - £625 pw.
Xmas/New Year £650.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01456 486358
This beautiful self catering building is an authentic log cabin, built by Canadian foresters in 1980. It took them 2 years to take whole logs from the local forest and knit them all together to make the present day comfortable, and very cosy 2 bedroomed cabin situated in the forest 2 miles from the centre of the Loch Ness side village of Fort Augustus, in the heart of the Great Glen.
Accommodation and Facilities:
Please note: LPG gas is not included in the price and a charge will be made for gas used at the end of the week. This will normally work out at between ten and twenty pounds according to amount used.
- Open plan interior, log walls throughout and double glazing.
- LPG gas central heating, with the addition of a multi fuel stove.
- Lounge with colour TV and video, CD radio and a multi fuel stove, lovely atmosphere especially during the winter.
- There is a dining area at one end of the lounge.
- Kitchen includes, electric oven, hob, and grill, a washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge with freezer compartment, microwave, toaster, and ironing facilities.
- Master bedroom with a double bed.
- Second bedroom with twin beds.
- All bed linen is included in the price, as is electricity, and fuel for the stove.
- Bathroom, includes a bath with a shower over and a shaving point.
Many guests return year after year just to spend time in this unique log cabin. Understandably, given its superb setting and central location, (Fort Augustus is in the geographical centre of the Highlands of Scotland) this is one of the most popular holiday choices in the Highlands. Through the village runs the River Oich and the picturesque Caledonian canal and lock system, built by Thomas Telford in the early 1800's.
Set in the forest with only 2 other houses nearby. Close to the Great Glen cycle way and many miles of forest and hill trails. The cottage is warm and cosy throughout the year and is an ideal retreat for those wanting to spend some time walking, relaxing, and for quietly pursuing your favourite pastimes. There are many forest and hill walks from the doorstep. The River Oich riverside walk is only three quarters of a mile away, and a walk to the nearest pubs and restaurants in the village of Fort Augustus is one and half miles. The proximity to attractions also makes this a favourite destination for young families. With Fort William (Ben Nevis) and Inverness, only an hour away by car. The West coast also only a little over an hours drive.