ARGIDEEN RIVER LODGES
Low season: 335 - 399 Euros pw.
High season: 460 - 650 Euros pw.
For further details please contact:
Reload this mapJust three miles from the sea the Old Mill Building on the banks of the Argideen River near Timoleague in West Cork has been tastefully converted into comfortable self-catering Lodges for visitors and their families.
- Each Lodge comprises a large kitchen-living room downstairs with an open fireplace, and upstairs can sleep a total of six in a double bedroom and a second bedroom with four full size bunks.
- Comfort on wet days is assured by double glazing and central heating throughout, and an outside patio allows guests to enjoy sunny evenings.
- Within a ten mile radius there is horse riding, golf, windsurfing, tennis, and some the finest beaches in the county.
- There are magnificent walks along the valley, the haunt of otters and herons; and scenic drives along the spectacular coastline of County Cork.
- In the evenings entertainment can be found in local bars and cafes, and the region is justly famous for some of the best restaurants in the British Isles, specialising in home-grown produce.
- Anyone who enjoys fishing has a wide choice: day boats can be hired at the pier in nearby Courtmacsherry to go sea angling. Children can enjoy fishing for mackerel off the rocks; and twenty minutes drive away there is salmon fishing on the Bandon River. Best of all the Lodge visitor has only to walk across the water meadow to be on the banks of the 'Little Silver Stream', the Argideen River, rated one of the best sea trout rivers in the south-west. Fishing rights on the Argideen are included in the rental.
With its tranquil and unspoiled setting, the Argideen River Lodges have won a coveted Environmental Award, and are an ideal choice for a relaxing family holiday.