2 APPLETREE COTTAGES
Large Inglenook open fireplace.
Travel cot and high chair available.
For further details please contact:
Reload this mapA period cottage dating back to circa 1760 beautifully restored including beamed ceilings and Inglenook fireplace, set in a large enclosed garden.
- The property is approached via a stable door opening into a double aspect kitchen, overlooking the rear garden, fitted with oak fronted units, wood block work surfaces, stainless steel gas hob and hood. The combined living and dining room has a massive inglenook fireplace available for use between October to March (initial basket of logs provided).
- The bathroom has over bath shower screen and w.c.
- Bedroom 1 has a window to front, a fireplace with cast iron surround and grate, built-in wardrobe cupboard and exposed timber framing. Bedroom 2 has a window to the rear and exposed timber framing. Solid oak flooring throughout.
- It is set in large enclosed garden with furniture and parking for four cars.
The facilities include:
- Set back from the road and located on the edge of the village of Peasmarsh, between Rye and Northiam, which offers a renowned local independent supermarket. To the south is the Ancient Town and Cinque Port of Rye renowned for its historical associations, medieval fortifications and fine period architecture with half timbered houses clustered around the Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin. As well as its charm and history, the town has a comprehensive range of shopping facilities.
- Camber with glorious beach and dunes is situated 7 miles from the cottage. From Rye there are train services to Brighton and to Ashford with connections to London and to Paris/Lille/Brussels via the Channel Tunnel. A high speed service between London St. Pancras and Ashford has been introduced, reducing the journey time to about 37 minutes. Sporting facilities in the area include golf at Rye, sailing on the south coast and many fine countryside and coastal walks.
Two bedrooms, both doubles. Broadband. Gas central heating included. Electric oven & gas hob. Washing machine. Fridge. Microwave. TV/DVD. Large enclosed garden with garden furniture. Travel cot and high chair. All bed and kitchen linen and towels supplied.
- Week breaks generally run Friday to Friday and short breaks are available from Friday for three nights or Monday for four nights, but please contact us if you require different dates or length of stay - we'll try to help. £100 deposit payable at time of booking, the balance to be paid two months before arrival.