APPLE TREE COTTAGES
The Dairy Farm,
Each cottage sleeps 4 (+2 on sofabed).
River Cottage no pets, Orchard Cottage pets welcome.
Tourist Board: 4 Star Gold (River Cottage).
Tourist Board: 4 Star (Orchard Cottage).
Low season £380 - £400 pw.
High season £475 - £495 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01430 430677 or 07960 300337
Reload this mapThe cottages stand in the Dairy Farm yard with apple trees in front and fields and the river behind. They consist of two beautifully converted victorian farm buildings once part of the original fold yard used as an enclosure for cattle.
- River and Orchard cottage, both two bedroomed, are single storey; Orchard cottage being open-plan and River having separate kitchen and sitting/ dining room.
- Both centrally heated cottages are tastefully furnished with the guests' comfort at heart.
- Both cottages have log burners.
- The arable farm which grows vining peas for Birds Eye among other crops, is situated on the banks of the river Ouse, where visitors can see ships on their way to the port of Goole.
- On the other side of the quiet lane lie a hundred acres of parkland with ancient trees under which graze sheep with their lambs in Spring.
- The wide areas round the fields are suitable for horse riding and walking.
- The cottages are also on the Trans Penine Trail so that it is an ideal place for cyclists on their last stage.
- Apple Tree cottages are ideally situated as they are central to many areas of Yorkshire. They are only a few minutes from Junction 37 on the M62 so that visitors can access major towns such as Leeds, Hull and Sheffield, wonderful old market towns, the East Coast, The Wolds, the moors and stately homes such as Castle Howard where Brideshead was filmed.