Visit Wales: 5 stars.
Visit Wales Welcome Host Gold Award.
Walkers Welcome Award.
Cyclists Welcome Award.
Brecon Beacons Ambassador Award and Dark Sky Status.
Free use of HOT TUB by appointment.
OPEN ALL YEAR.
Friday to Friday bookings preferred.
Weekly lets or midweek or weekend SHORT BREAKS.
Last minute bookings accepted.
Tesco, Asda and Waitrose delivery service.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01874 665329
Mobile: 07977 337523
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this mapWelcome to Ann's Barn a lovely stone barn conversion at Wern-y-Marchog Farm tastefully restored by local tradesmen with original oak beamed ceilings, oak floor, thick stone walls, decorated with stunning colour schemes and designed to accommodate 2 people. Situated in a rural location at the foothills of the Brecon Beacons, making it the ideal place to stay if you are keen walkers with direct access to all the main peaks from the doorstep. It is the perfect base for an action packed holiday, sightseeing or just for peace and relaxation.
30 Aug, 27 Sep, 4 Oct
From the property are the most wonderful views across the surrounding countryside and overlooking a newly created lake with a central island which was created about 5 years ago and now provides a well established habitat for wildlife. The clear unpolluted sky provides wonderful starlit nights ideal for stargazing.Ground Floor:
- The well equipped oak fitted kitchen has an electric oven with grill and a ceramic hob, microwave, filter coffee maker, kettle, toaster, large fridge incorporating a fitted wine rack, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Welsh Portmeirion china, quality saucepans and a good selection of cooking utensils, cutlery, glass, oven and table ware, in fact everything you need.
- The light and spacious sitting room has co-ordinating fabrics and furnishings with a comfortable sofa and armchairs and a flame effect electric fire. There is a feature wall with a picture window and wonderful views across the valley.
- Slimline SKY TV, DVD, CD, Hi-fi and radio.
- Dining area with table and chairs, and an antique pine dresser.
- One spacious bedroom with a luxurious king sized bed, a fitted wardrobe and antique pine furniture. Sheep skin floor rugs. A wall mounted slimline Sky TV and lovely views from the windows.
- The fully tiled shower room has a rectangular anti-slip double shower cubicle with a power shower over, a wash station with a ceramic top over a base unit, and a toilet. Radiator, towel stand, shaver socket and extractor fan.
- Outside the back door is a sheltered, private, stone slabbed patio area with pretty flowers and shrubs and garden seating making it the perfect setting for summer barbeques with fabulous views across the wildflower meadow and overlooking the wildlife lake. There is also a garden shed, re-cycling bins, gas bbq and an extendable clothes airer.
- There is ample off-road parking with an adjoining patio and seating area which makes a wonderful viewing point, a small mountain stream and a bird feeding station which attracts several woodpeckers and a variety of other birds throughout the year.
Access statement available.
- All bed linen supplied and made up ready for your arrival.
- Egyptian cotton towels (one hand and one bath towel per person provided).
- Welsh wool blankets for winter.
- All electricity and oil central heating included.
- Hot tub by arrangement.
- Complimentary tea, coffee and sugar plus basic condiments.
- All cleaning materials provided.
- Tea towels, oven and dish cloths supplied.
- Storage for Mountain bikes.
- TV with SKY basic channels.
- Wi-fi access.
- Mobile reception variable.
- Hair dryer supplied.
- Baby bath, cot and high chair.
- Local history books and maps.
- Comprehensive file of information leaflets and local attrractions.
- Selection of books and magazines.
- Safe enclosed well maintained garden and children's play area with swing, slides and outdoor toys.
- Gas BBQ.
- Ironing facilities.
- Exterior extendable clothes airer.
- No smoking indoors.
- Sorry, not suitable for pets.
Energy Performance Certificate.
Portable Appliance Test Certificate.
Electrical Inspection Report.
There are plenty of things to see and do in the National Park during your stay so you will never get bored, a few are within walking distance of the property and others a short drive away.
Supermarkets in Brecon are Morrisons, Co-op and Aldi.
There are numerous pubs and restaurants recommended in the Eating Out Guide.