We can add your property to this website for just £150 *
New Page Fee: £150 in UK Sterling, or 175 Euros (Ireland).
* For the next few weeks we are running a 10% discount for New Pages:
Special discount price: £135 in UK Sterling, or 157 Euros (Ireland).
(When using the Order Form please adjust to the discount price)
What is included ?
- Your page will be here in the Cottageguide for a full 12 months, and this starts from the day your property is installed in the website. No need to wait until the beginning of the year - start right away.
- Your page will be fully referenced from the relevant index, map sections, county directories etc within this website.
- Excellent value for 365 days of advertising.
- £150 (Special Offer £135) is an all-inclusive fee which covers your 12 month Cottage Guide Membership Subscription, together with the fees for setting up your new page in this website - and this also includes the features described below.
- One month before your 12 month subscription expires, we send you a subscription renewal offer which allows you to extend your existing subscription for a further 12 months. The subscription RENEWAL fee is £99.
- Included on your page are six photographs and the text to describe your property. We recommend about 300 words of text which is in addition to your contact details and the summary information stated in the top section of each page. But you are welcome to more text if you want it - though bear in mind that some folk may feel daunted at having to read a very long and meandering script.
- If you are wanting more than 6 photos, you can add additional photos at £10 each if required (or 12 Euros). Up to a total of 12 photos can be incorporated in your entry by opting for additional photos in this way.
- During your 12 months you can have 3 FREE updates to your main advert page - we do these updates ourselves to save you having to learn potentially troublesome software. So all you need to do when you want an update on your main page is send us an email describing what change is needed. Note that the noticeboard, late vacancies, and 52wk calendar facilities are all controlled by you using a password we give to you, and you can update these whenever you like and as often as you like.
- If appropriate, on your page you can have one link to your own website, and your e-mail link, as well as your contact phone numbers, fax, mobile etc. Please see the notes lower down this page which offer guidance on the types of websites and email addresses we offer links to.
- We provide you with a 'map locator' facility which allows you to find your property and get a map added to your page with a property marker.
- If you have a YouTube video, we can embed a copy into your page so that people can view it actually on your page. Your video can either be professionally made or just a home made one - even just a simple slide show is a good way to show people lots of views of the interior and exterior of the property. Please see the notes lower down this page which offer guidance on when and how to include your YouTube video.
- We include as standard a 'Late Vacancy' facility which can be updated by you online whenever you like using your own password. This enables you to register any vacancies you can offer in the next 6 weeks - and these get highlighted both on your page and in the listing sections of the website to attract the many people looking for short notice bookings.
- Also included is a '52 week calendar and prices chart' which offers a useful and convenient way for you to display this information clearly to the site visitor.
- Also included is your own 'Noticeboard' page which can be updated by you using your own password. This can be useful for special offers, further information about your property etc, and also for displaying helpful and appreciative comments you have received from your guests - and these comments will be of interest and encouragement to other potential customers looking at your page. You're in control!
- Also included are visitor statistics so you can see how many people are visiting your page, at what times etc. These are customised to show you just the results for your own page, and though similar in function to the Visitor Logs shown for the whole site, they contain far more detail.
- Also included are email logs which are always helpful for assessing your level of enquiries and to ensure that none of your messages ever get lost through computer or email problems.
- All the above facilities are included for your convenience and to help you market your property as effectively as possible. The facilities have been designed to be easy and quick to use on a desktop computer, but you don't have to use these facilities if you don't want to.
Will this website work for me?
Visitor Logs: Link to Visitor Logs
- We include Visitor Logs because people keep asking how many 'hits' we get.
- 'Hits' is a misunderstood term which does not tell you very much at all - and unfortunately many web sites quote 'Hit' numbers hoping that you'll think a hit equals a visitor. A 'Hit' does not equal a 'Visitor'. We therefore prefer to show visitor numbers - ie the number of unique individuals making use of this website.
- Note: Thirty or forty thousand people will be visiting the Cottage Guide during a typical week, and though many would say that's impressive or interesting, we would much prefer you to look at what our self catering owners are saying about the response they receive from this web site:
Link to advertisers' comments
Frequently Asked Questions, and advertising conditions:
- Owners sometimes ask us what sort of response level they can expect if they join this website. To be fair, the enquiry levels you receive will depend upon what exactly you are offering - where you are located, the type of property and facilities it includes, and most importantly at the present time the prices you are charging.
- Your enquiry level may depend partly upon the care you have put into describing your property, and how enticing your photographs. A photograph taken on a grey day in the middle of winter may not be the best way to promote your property.
- Note: Your success rate will undoubtedly depend on the speed, manner and tone with which you answer your enquirers - some of whom may have emailed the same enquiry to many different owners.
Link to FAQs and conditions
If you have a question but can not find an answer under one of our FAQs, please feel free to email to:
What do I do now ?
If you are looking at this on a mobile phone, we would recommend using a desktop computer to complete the form as it can be a bit frustrating on a small device. If you would prefer to have a printed form put in the post to you, please let us know. When you have completed the form please also send the following:
1. A cheque payable to:
ASH MACKENZIE PUBLISHING LTD.
We send receipted invoice as soon as your new page is complete.
2. Your photos and description text should be emailed or sent on disk or usb stick, as detailed on the Order Form.
Click here for Order Form
As mentioned, the form might be fiddly to manage on a mobile or other small device, and if you have access to a desktop computer it will be much less frustrating.
So I send you all the above, and then what happens ?
- Within 14 days of receiving all your items we will have created your page and added it to this website.
- We send you a printout of your page - this is just for your reference and to make it easier if any complex adjustments need to be made.
- We also include a receipted invoice for the amount you have paid.
- When you have had a look at your page please let us know any changes or corrections necessary - an email is fine, and we can carry those out.
We offer owners one link to their own stand-alone web page or website but not to adverts or pages which are considered inappropriate or which are part of other organisations' websites, eg county directories, webrings, letting agencies etc. In fairness to other members of the Cottageguide we can not offer links to the kind of pages which offer an exit route by way of links to tourist boards, accommodation directories, or to other properties not owned by you. We do not offer links to any website which is not completely owned and controlled by you. Links to owner websites work in a standard way throughout this site, and will open the owner's website within a new window. Such website links are provided on an 'as is' basis and cannot be adapted or changed to suit individual requirements.
The purpose of this guide is to benefit individual cottage owners who handle their own bookings direct with holidaymakers. We therefore do not offer email links to booking agencies (nor agency phone numbers, names, contact addresses etc).
We can embed a YouTube video on your advert as a free update when your page has been created. All you need to do is email to us the web address of your YouTube video and we'll do the rest. There's no cost for us doing this, however it needs to be your own video hosted on YouTube that is all about your self catering property - not a video that someone else happened to make about your village, for example. The video can either be a home-made one - made by you or a friend, or it can be a professionally made video. The video must also be set up to not display other people's adverts. Sometimes professional video makers will host the video in their own YouTube account and will display adverts on the video which earn them revenue (but send your customers away to other self catering providers!). If you are getting a professionally made video it is a good idea to check first that they don't expect to display their affilliate adverts on the video. Videos are proving to be an excellent marketing tool which can grab your potential customer's interest and this also enables you to be found on YouTube.
If you have any questions:
please ask Adrian Bennet
Helpline: 018907 61766
Monday - Friday, 9am - 12 noon.
- not Bank Holidays, Public Holidays, the period between Christmas and New Year.
Ash Mackenzie Publishing Ltd.