Sorry, no pets.
Low season £250 pw.
Mid season £300 pw.
High season from £340 pw.
For further details please contact:
Tel: 01546 606852
Reload this mapOur two self catering cottages, The Byre and The Dairy, each sleeping four people, are on the family farm in the heart of lovely Mid Argyll. We are centrally located for exploring Argyll and the farm is near the Kilmartin Glen Neolithic Monuments, the Moine Mhor National Nature Reserve and the Crinan Canal. The farm overlooks Dunadd Hill, capital of ancient Dalriada.
The cottages have been formed by conversion of the old Byre and are decorated and furnished in Country Cottage style with homely touches. They feature work by Scottish Landscape artists. Both cottages have electric Central Heating and the accommodation consists of:
- Living dining area with comfortable seating area, satellite television and DVD player, dining table and four dining chairs.
- Fully equipped modern kitchen.
- Two bedrooms, one double and one twin, each with chest of drawers and ample wardrobe space.
- Bathroom with wash hand basin, toilet and bath, with an over-bath electric shower.
- Picnic chairs and table are provided at the front of each cottage and guests are welcome to use the large garden at the front of the farmhouse.
- Our rates include all electricity, linen and towels.
- Achnashelloch is ideally placed for exploring the lovely countryside, coastline and interesting towns of Argyll and Kintyre, as well as the castles and historic monuments.
- There are several outstanding National Trust for Scotland gardens to visit and Britain's tallest tree at Ardkinglass Estate.
- Ferries sail regularly to many of Argyll's islands and day trips to some of these make enjoyable outings.
- Walking, cycling, fishing, canoeing, mountain biking, horse riding, golf and nature watching are catered for and several companies operate sea life cruises and visits to Corryvreckan Whirlpool.
- Lochgilphead, three miles away, has all the usual facilities and there are a good number of pubs/restaurants in the surrounding villages, many serving local seafood.