Isle of Arran
Sorry no pets.
STB: 3 Star (Very Good).
Low season: £345 pw.
High season: £414 pw.
Peak season: £449 pw.
Short break enquiries welcomed.
For further details please contact:
Mobile: 07733 294171
Reload this mapPeacock Cottage offers a charming island retreat for getting away from it all and exploring the beautiful Isle of Arran. It is ideally placed in the coastal village of Whiting Bay within walking distance of the village stores, cafes and bistros.
This traditional cottage has been tastefully furnished to provide comfortable accommodation for a couple or two friends. On the ground floor the bedroom has a king-size bed with superior bedding for your comfort. This bedroom can also be converted into a twin, on request. The bathroom has a corner bath with hand-held shower attachment. On the upper floor, there is an open plan living room and kitchen area with sea views towards Holy Isle.
Peacock Cottage has access to its own garden area with fine views over the bay. The driveway is shared with the adjoining holiday property, The Grange**.
The Grangeis attached and offers self-contained accommodation for up to 13 guests.
There is direct access to a sandy beach, perfect for beachcombing and exploring rock pools exposed at low tide. Nearby you will discover the spectacular Glenashdale Falls and numerous forestry and coastal trails.
The village has a friendly, relaxed atmosphere and is self-contained with a good selection of small shops, beachside cafes and restaurants. For art lovers, the Arran Art Gallery displays a wonderful selection of local and Scottish artwork.
Places to visit nearby: Brodick Castle, Gardens and Country Park; The Holy Isle; Lochranza Castle, a 16th century watch tower; Machrie Standing Stones; and the Isle of Arran Whisky Distillery.
Things to do: Sea kayaking, climbing, gorge walking, powerboat trips, mountain biking; high level mountain walks, forestry and coastal trails; pony trekking; seven golf courses and an automated golf range; 4* indoor leisure facilities.
- Entrance hall.
- Double bedroom with king size bed. This can be converted to a twin bedroom if this is required, please advise at the time of booking.
- Stylish bathroom with corner bath and hand held shower.
- Open plan living room with sitting/dining area and kitchen with views over the garden area and bay.
- Laundry room with washing machine, tumble dryer and clothes airer.
- Communal gardens with separate seating area for cottage guests.
- Secure parking space outside cottage.
- All linen and towels (please bring own beach/swim towels).
- Electricity and central heating.
- Household cleaning essentials.
- Welcome pack.