CIDER & BYRE COTTAGES
The Old Malthouse,
Sleeps: 4 each cottage.
Price range: £200 - £400 pw.
For further details please contact:
Mr Dick Bleathman
Tel: 01258 817735
If you are searching for peace, tranquillity and wish to unwind in a rural backwater, 'Far From the Madding Crowd', then rest awhile at The Old Malthouse, in one of two self-catering cottages. A warm welcome awaits you from your Dorset born host, with stories of country folk and times gone by to tell.
The Old Malthouse is now a 17th Century private home, lovingly restored from its former origins and is presently operating as Bed and Breakfast accommodation.
- The two L shaped single-storey cottages are completely separate from the main house with their own access, rural views and secluded garden and courtyard areas.
- They have been converted from barns with originality and an eye for that traditional cosy, country feel.
- The 2-acre property is in Droop, a quiet hamlet on the edge of the North Dorset village of Hazelbury Bryan, which nestles in gently rolling countryside within the heart of the beautiful Blackmore Vale.
- 2 double bedrooms: one converts to 2 singles.
- Bathroom and separate shower room.
Both cottages have through kitchen, lounge with open fireplace and dining area, with southerly aspect, overlooking fields. Both cottages have private gardens with views across open countryside.
- 1 double room, and the other with bunk beds suitable for children.
- Good-sized bathroom.
NB: Heating costs are inclusive, electricity is metered.
Information and help with choosing nearby hostelries, places to eat and those to visit is gladly given along with guidance on local footpaths, cycleways, fishing, golf and hidden gems, and the spectacular heritage 'Jurassic' coastline is only 40 minutes drive away. There is an excellent local shop within walking distance for immediate needs, with the market town of Sturminster Newton, 5 miles away providing a wide range of supplies. A hearty breakfast can always be booked in advance at the main house!