Sleeps: 2 +cot.
Pets by special arrangement.
Low season £220 - £250 pw.
High season £330 pw.
For further details please contact:
Portsoy Marble, Shorehead, Portsoy, Banffshire AB45 2PB
Tel: 01261 842404
Fax: 01261 842455
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this map7 Shorehead is one of the 18th century merchant houses fronting the Old Harbour of Portsoy. Along with its larger neighbour (No.6 Shorehead, also available for let, and sleeping 6), it was restored from a ruinous state in the 70's.
18 Apr, 25 Apr
While there is no outlook onto the harbour, access (with parking) is from the harbour front, through a small yard and up a flight of steps; a very quiet, secluded hideaway. The two houses are behind the white car in the centre of the harbour front (above).
Here are the details:
Portsoy is well provided with Co-op, bakers, fish merchant, chip shop, antique shop, post office, garage and hotels. The Shore Inn is 100 yds distant, as is the Portsoy Marble Shop and Pottery.
- Gas central heating throughout (included in price).
- All linen and towels supplied; duvets.
- Enter into spacious sitting room with arched fireplace (gas stove) and pine panelling; colour TV.
- Adjacent kitchen with gas cooker, microwave, electric kettle and toaster, washer-drier, dining table.
- Upstairs to twin bedroom; antique chest of drawers, built-in wardrobe.
- Bathroom adjacent with bath (shower over bath), wc, wash basin, radiator and wall heater.
There are long seaside walks from the town, 5 golf courses within 20 miles, castles all round, distilleries within easy reach, rocks and sandy beaches galore. Often you can see dolphins from the shore. It is a delightful unspoiled place.