6 SOUTH END
Sorry no pets.
Low season: £390 pw.
High season: £475 pw.
Winter breaks from £265.
For further details please contact:
Charlotte and Crispin Worthington
Tel: 01856 850215
Reload this mapThis welcoming waterfront cottage, with its attractive blend of old and new, captures the essence of Stromness. With magnificent views from the flagstoned pier it combines seclusion with nearness to all that this unique town has to offer.
Crispin and Charlotte will welcome you on arrival and are usually close at hand if you need help during your visit.
- At the more peaceful south end of Stromness stunning views take in Scapa Flow, the Orphir hills and the harbour whilst a ten minute meander down the winding street takes you to shops, pubs, cafes and restaurant.
- The yacht club, golf club and coastal walks are only five minutes to the south.
- Fresh flowers and original paintings add to the atmosphere and charm of the open plan kitchen /living room. It offers a relaxing winter retreat with an open fire and plentiful supply of books and music. Freeview TV, DVD player, WiFi and telephone are installed. The kitchen has an electric cooker, fridge and washing machine and is well supplied with utensils, glassware and crockery including local pottery.
- A selection of Orkney soap products are provided in the groundfloor shower room.
- The sound of lapping water may be heard from the double and single bedrooms where beds are made up with crisp cotton bedlinen and electric blankets. Views can be enjoyed from the north, south and east facing windows in the light and airy double room with the possibility of spectacular sunrises in the winter.
- Electric heating throughout the cottage can be individually and easily operated.
- Bed linen, towels, coal and electricity included in the price.
- The large boatshed on the pier provides ample space for outdoor equipment.
- Parking is usually available in the square opposite.