Isle of Skye
One dog for £15 surcharge.
Low season £275 - £325 pw.
High season £350 - £475 pw.
Available for short breaks for a minimum of 3 nights.
For further details please contact:
Rachel and Chris Stott
Tel: 01291 621546
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this map6 Fasach is a recently refurbished, 100-year old traditional Skye cottage in a quiet location, in the North-West of Skye. It has beautiful views to the Macleods Tables, and across the Little Minch to the isles of the Outer Hebrides.
14 Dec, 21 Dec, 28 Dec, 11 Jan
- The stunning coastal scenery of Neist Point, the most westerly part of Skye, is a 10 minute drive away. It's a superb place to walk and watch diving gannets, spectacular sunsets and, if you're lucky, dolphins, minke whales and basking shark.
- Dunvegan with its castle, coral beaches, seal colony, shops, bars and restaurants is 9 miles away and the world-famous Three Chimneys restaurant is 3 miles away.
- The area is a wonderful base for walkers, bird-watchers, and naturalists alike.
- Glendale has a post office and general store, children's playground, the Red Roof Cafe and Gallery, Ceiteag's Restaurant. There is a Community Hall with occasional ceilidhs in the summer.
- Look out for the aurora borealis, particularly around the spring and autumn equinoxes.
- Enjoy stargazing in some of the best starlit skies in the world - 9 sites on Skye have Dark Skies Discovery Sites status, and 3 are within half an hour's drive of the cottage, at Trumpan, Stein and Knockbreck.
- 6 Fasach is a comfortable home from home.
- Downstairs there is a lounge with an open fire, and a separate dining room, with wood-burning stove. Both have views over the sea to the outer islands.
- The fitted kitchen is fully equipped.
- Upstairs there are two bedrooms, one double and one twin, a bathroom with loo, bath and integral shower, and a second separate loo.
- All rooms are heated, either by storage or convector heaters.
- Dog friendly.
- The cottage stands in about an acre of land which is fully enclosed.
- A picnic table takes advantage of the view for al fresco dining on fine days.
- There is a small burn running down the far side.
- There is ample parking space for two cars.
Saturday to Saturday bookings.
- Colour TV and DVD, radio/CD player, books and games.
- Electric oven and hob, fridge with ice box, microwave, washing machine.
- Children are welcome, but please note that there is no cot, highchair or stair gate.
- Electricity, towels and bed linen are included.
- Coal and wood are available locally.