Isle of Skye
One dog for £15 surcharge.
Low season £275 - £325 pw.
High season £350 - £520 pw.
Available for short breaks for a minimum of 3 nights.
For further details please contact:
Rachel and Chris Stott
Tel: 01291 621546
Last minute vacancies during weeks:Reload this map6 Fasach is a recently refurbished, 100-year old traditional Skye cottage in a quiet location, in the North-West of Skye. It has beautiful views to the Macleods Tables, and across the Little Minch to the isles of the Outer Hebrides.
29 Oct, 5 Nov
- The stunning coastal scenery of Neist Point, the most westerly part of Skye, is a 10 minute drive away. It's a superb place to walk and watch diving gannets, spectacular sunsets and, if you're lucky, dolphins, minke whales and basking shark.
- Dunvegan with its castle, coral beaches, seal colony, shops, bars and restaurants is 9 miles away and the world-famous Three Chimneys restaurant is 3 miles away.
- The area is a wonderful base for walkers, bird-watchers, and naturalists alike.
- Glendale has a post office and general store, children's playground, the Red Roof Cafe and Gallery, Ceiteag's Restaurant. There is a Community Hall with occasional ceilidhs in the summer.
- Look out for the aurora borealis, particularly around the spring and autumn equinoxes.
- Enjoy stargazing in some of the best starlit skies in the world - 9 sites on Skye have Dark Skies Discovery Sites status, and 3 are within half an hour's drive of the cottage, at Trumpan, Stein and Knockbreck.
- 6 Fasach is a comfortable home from home.
- Downstairs there is a lounge with an open fire, and a separate dining room, with wood-burning stove. Both have views over the sea to the outer islands.
- The fitted kitchen is fully equipped.
- Upstairs there are two bedrooms, one double and one twin, a bathroom with loo, bath and integral shower, and a second separate loo.
- All rooms are heated, either by storage or convector heaters.
- Dog friendly.
- The cottage stands in about an acre of land which is fully enclosed.
- A picnic table takes advantage of the view for al fresco dining on fine days.
- There is a small burn running down the far side.
- There is ample parking space for two cars.
Saturday to Saturday bookings.
- Colour TV and DVD, radio/CD player, books and games.
- Electric oven and hob, fridge with ice box, microwave, washing machine.
- Children are welcome, but please note that there is no cot, highchair or stair gate.
- Electricity, towels and bed linen are included.
- Coal and wood are available locally.