1 CHURCH TERRACE
near Mold, Ruthin and Snowdonia,
2 bedrooms: 1 king size bed and a small single bed 5'6" x 2'6".
A cot and an additional Z bed mattress, suitable for a child, are available on request.
Sorry, no dogs, but lovely boarding kennels in the village (please contact for details).
Low Season £300.
High Season £450.
Xmas and NY £500.
For further details please contact:
Gaby Barnes: 07901912316
Julian Barnes: 01745710323
Reload this mapThis delightful, brick built, 19th century cottage has recently been refurbished to a high standard throughout. It is situated next door to the owner's 17th century former rectory, in the centre of the Bodfari Conservation Area, and on the sheltered side of the Vale of Clwyd's 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty'. It is perfectly placed for exploring North Wales, and enjoying the walks, rides and views of the beautiful Clwydian Range and Snowdonia. Within easy traveling distance to the coast and the many beaches around Llandudno and Anglesey. Even Ireland is only a daytrip away by ferry from Holyhead.
- The cottage is arranged over two floors.
- The downstairs lounge has generous and comfortable seating, a small dining area, a woodburning Stove, TV, DVD and Broadband.
- Central heating throughout.
- The brand new kitchen is fully equipped for those who love to cook, and has a small breakfast bar and USB charge socket.
- Upstairs, the main bedroom has a king size bed with a superior quality, luxury mattress. The Egyptian cotton bedding ensuring a cosy and most comfortable night's sleep.
- A smaller, adjoining room has a fully furnished daybed, suitable for relaxing, or sleeping an older child or small adult ( 5'6" X 2'6" ). A travel cot or Z bed are available by request only.
- The bathroom is fitted with toilet, washbasin and shower over bath.
- At the rear there is a smallish garden for sole use by our guests, with seating, table and BBQ on request.
- A lockable outhouse for storage, i.e. bikes, also has a washing line and tumble dryer.
So, whatever your needs, be it peace and tranquillity, action packed adventure or a romantic hideaway, you can find it here.
- There is plenty to do in the area. From walking Offa's Dyke or hiking and climbing in Snowdonia, to horse riding, golf, fishing, adventure and sport activities (surfing, zip lining), gliding on some of the best thermals in the UK are all available. Also Leisure centers, Gyms and Spas for pampering, are available with day memberships.
- Bodfari village has a shop, with the excellent Oriel Gallery attached. There is also a pub, all an easy walk from the cottage.
- The Dinorben Arms Inn (photo on right) has reopened, and is only a minute's walk from the cottage!! Open for food and drink all day! Children and dogs welcome.
- There are of course plenty of other great pubs and restaurants in the area, which we can recommend.
- Those with an interest in history, will enjoy exploring the area too! Our church has a Norman tower, and the medieval market town of nearby Denbigh has a 13th century castle ruin. Ruthin has an old jail and castle. There is also evidence of early Roman presence here, with a fort, and of course there is Offa's Dyke, which runs only 500 yards behind the cottage.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bodfari!