Sleeps: 4 (+).
Well behaved pets welcome.
Price range £400 - £695 pw.
For further details please contact:
Dr A. Rodway
Tel: 01732 457996
Reload this map100 Findhorn - Stay in this original stone built fisherman's cottage in the centre of the old village and enjoy all that historic Findhorn has to offer - just a few steps away!
- Findhorn Bay less than 50 metres
- Beautiful dunes and miles of open golden sand in 5 mins
- The Kimberley Inn - great gastro pub on the waterfront just at the bottom of the lane
- The Bakehouse cafe and restaurant - with fresh home baked bread - collect for breakfast!
- And so much more.......
- This newly refurbished, fisherman's cottage is ideally located prominently at the highest point, in the centre of the old village of Findhorn on the beautiful, sheltered Moray Firth. Famous for its extensive golden beaches, sand dunes, long views and wildlife.
- The cottage has full oil fired central heating, free WiFi, and is very comfortable and cosy.
- The cottage offers sleeping for up to 5 people.
- Large double bedroom with king size bed.
- Second room - loved by children and known as 'The Cabin' which has a double bed with a single bunk over.
- Large fully fitted kitchen with electric oven and hob. Microwave; dishwasher and washing machine.
- The kitchen has a comfortable dining area set in the bay window overlooking the garden and seats 7/8 people.
- Bathroom with large bath and separate shower cubicle.
- Plentiful hot water is provided by both the heating system and solar panels.
- The cosy sitting room has a wood burning stove; flat screen TV; Blu Ray; DVD; stereo and MP3 player... and a view directly down to Findhorn Bay and across to the Culbin Forest.
- 100 Findhorn is one of the few traditional cottages to have its own secluded garden with extensive views over the village to the dunes, the Moray Firth and beyond.
- It also has its own parking for two cars alongside the cottage and space for a dinghy and trailer; bikes and surfboards.
LEISURE ACTIVITIES OUTINGS & ATTRACTIONS
- History, myth, legend and ancient pictish and norse influences combine in this special village lying snugly on the beautiful Moray Firth. Sheltered by both the Monalaidth hills to the west and the Grampians to the south, Findhorn enjoys a mild and sunny micro climate with warm summers and mild winters.
- Two popular Inns serve excellent locally sourced food and seafood with outdoor seating overlooking the bay.
- Several cafes - including the Bakehouse - just at the bottom of the lane - offer a wide variety meals - and freshly baked bread to take away.
- The well stocked village store and post office is also close by.
RATES AND AVAILABILITY
- Findhorn is a perfect holiday centre literally offering something for every taste, age group and interest. The activities range through all water sports; salmon fishing on the river Findhorn and for sea trout in Findhorn bay.
- Golf with several championship courses within easy reach. From July 2011 and for three years, the Scottish open championship will be held at Castle Stuart just 40 mins drive away.
- Aviemore and the Cairngorm National Park is a similar distance away to the south.
- Local wildlife is exceptional with a seal colony at the mouth of the bay; pairs of Osprey fishing in the bay and the Moray Firth dolphins always an attraction.
- The visitors book at 100 Findhorn is a mine of information of happy outings and activities enjoyed by our guests.
- The whisky trail is well marked and starts in Forres with the local Benromach distillery, winds along beautiful Speyside and takes in such classics as Chivas Regal, Glenfiddich, The Glenlivet, ...more details to be found in the cottage information folder.
- Castles, Kings and history abound in this part of Moray with Viking links and tales of the fearsome Wolf of Badenoch being legendary.
- Impossible to detail it all - the answer is to come and see, feel and taste for yourself. It's all available at 100 Findhorn.
- Please look at our availability calendar to check the dates you would like to come.
- Deals and discounts are to be had according to the time of year. Please just ask or email us to discuss.
- Rates are all inclusive of heating, electricity, WiFi, linen and towels. Please bring your own beach towels.
- Well behaved pets (up to two) are welcome. A small charge of £10 is made for them.
- More information is to be found on our own website or contact us by email or mobile: 07768 615805.